The Advancing Guitarists Online Courses - Volume 1
The Advancing Guitarists Online Courses are an exciting new way to study the guitar, presented to you by Anthony George of Cutting Edge Guitar. The course is broken down into three volumes of learning that will keep you engaged, progressing, and enjoying your guitar playing. Each volume has been specifically designed to equip you with the course's core concepts in a logical, methodical manner. Let's take a look at exactly what you will learn in volume 1.
Volume 1 – Module 1 - Fretboard Knowledge
Volume 1 of the course is designed to equip you with essential fretboard knowledge and technique concepts. Once you know your fretboard well enough, we can begin implementing the scale pyramid methodology to your soloing, enabling you to be the player you have always wanted to be. Here is a breakdown of the lessons in module 1:
- Notes on the neck - Learn the notes on the fretboard with a proven method that means no matter where you are on the fretboard, you will instantly know exactly what note you're playing.
- Intervals – Learn all intervals relative to a specific root note so that you can find 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths and 7ths, compound intervals like 9ths, 11ths and 13ths, and any alterations with ease.
- Triads – Master triads along the neck in all inversions.
- The Caged System – Learn the fundamentals of this powerful and important fretboard knowledge tool.
- Five positions of pentatonic – Pentatonic scales in major and minor both aligned to CAGED, and how to connect them up, full fretboard.
- The Arpeggiator system – This awesome system shows you how to hit chord changes in one part of the fretboard with ease. First, we will apply this system to major/minor chords and pentatonic scales.
- Maj7 chords and arpeggios – In this and the subsequent three lessons, we will align seventh chords and arpeggios to the five position CAGED/EDCAG system.
- Minor 7 chords and arpeggios
- Dominant 7 chords and arpeggios
- Minor seven flat 5 chords and arpeggios
- The seventh arpeggiator – During this lesson, we will apply the arpeggiator concept to the seventh chords and arpeggios so we can hit chord changes effectively in one area of the neck.
- Major scale caged – The major scale is the most important in western music, and here we will align it to the five position CAGED/EDCAG system.
- Major scale three notes per string – Three notes per string is seen as a more cutting-edge way to form the major scale on the neck. In this lesson, we will learn the shapes for this seven-position system.
- Major scale theory – Once we have learned the essential fretboard knowledge concepts, we consolidate them in this theory lesson, so you will understand how the intervals, triads, arpeggios, pentatonics and scales all fit together. In the following six lessons, we will take an in-depth look at each mode of the major scale and how they play out across the fretboard.
- Dorian mode
- Phrygian mode
- Lydian mode
- Mixolydian mode
- Aeolian mode
- Locrian mode
Volume 1 – Module 2 – Technique
In the second module of volume one, we will look at perfecting a solid technical grounding in the four chief areas of modern playing, which are Legato, Alternate Picking, Sweep Picking and Tapping. Here's how the lessons run in module two:
- Legato part 1 – In this lesson, we learn scale fragment exercises for the Legato technique. These cyclic ideas will teach you a solid foundation for sixteenth note, sextuplet, quintuplet and septuplet rhythms.
- Legato part 2- The second instalment of the Legato technique shows you scale based Legato with three notes per string shapes, and linear concepts that travel along strings.
- Legato part 3 – The third look at the Legato technique shows you multi-positional runs, combining the previous two lessons to open up the full fretboard with the technique.
- Alternate Picking Part 1- Next, we move into Alternate Picking, starting with positional concepts.
- Alternate Picking Part 2 – Part 2 of Alternate Picking looks at scalar concepts, positional and linear.
- Alternate Picking part 3 – Advanced Alternate Picking concepts that cover the combination of positional and linear concepts.
- Sweep Picking Part 1 – Here we cover the fundamentals of the Sweep technique over two strings and triad forms.
- Sweep Picking part 2 – Advanced Sweeping, here we study full arpeggio forms with the technique.
- Sweep Picking part 3 – In this lesson, we study Economy picking through scales.
- Tapping part 1 – Part 1 of this section looks at Tapping fundamentals in the style of Eddie Van Halen and the hordes of guitarists he influenced.
- Tapping Part 2 – The second stage of the Tapping technique looks at some very advanced ideas in the styles of players like Greg Howe and Guthrie Govan.
At the end of volume 1, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of western musical devices in terms of theory and fretboard knowledge, and have built a significant technical level that will allow you to work on the implementation stage in volume 2.
Keen To Learn More About These Exciting Courses?
Enter your email address in the signup form for regular updates, OR you can download a copy of the full course prospectus below!
Bonus Free E-Book
Download a copy of the course prospectus now and also receive a free version of Anthony's popular book High Intensity Guitar Technique Book 1!
|Download the full course prospectus now and receive a free copy of High Intensity Guitar Technique Book 1 worth £14.99 on Amazon!||Download Now|